Thursday, April 4, 2013

To (All) the Colleges That Rejected Me

I believe that Ms. Weiss is right and wrong on different levels. Students should know in advance what it takes to be in a school of your dreams. If my mother hadn't told me or pushed me to excel in every way possible I would not be where I am today. In high school I never understood and always gave her grief for making me be involved in everything, have many different leadership positions, start community service projects, and have excellent grades. For a student who was never told this, it sucks but its the way it is. So many students work their butts off in every aspect of their high school careers so why is it fair for someone who has just done the bare minimum to be accepted into the same school? What does that teach high school teens today? If everyone was just average how could you decide who deserves it more? When I received a certain scholarship and my friends, who DID NOTHING in school, received the same one I was livid. I just asked myself what was the point in everything I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment