Sunday, January 27, 2013

Seven Technology Tips for Younger Elementary

After researching several articles that discussed the use of technology in a classroom of elementary setting, I came across an article that described how to introduce it rather than ways it is used. I believed this article was useful because it could be used as a guide to many teachers! This article gives 7 tips on how an educator can introduce technology in an elementary classroom. Apparently educators of lower grades want to bring technology into the classroom but are scared about the children not being able to understand how to use it. The a few of the tips are, before introducing a new tool, play around with it enough to figure out where you think your students will struggle the most, don't try to teach too much at one time, let students who master the goals quickly help others, and use your students as a resource. After each tip a brief description is given as well. I believe this article is useful because it can help teachers introduce technology to their students, who may be hesitant to do so because of different reasons. The link to this article is below. 

http://www.edutopia.org/blog/technology-tips-younger-elementary

3 comments:

  1. I think introducing technology for the first would be scary for me too! I think the fear of not being able to get my students to understand would be my biggest problem. I have never taught anything and I often find myself thinking that if a student isn't learning that it may be my fault. I read the article and found it very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is important to introduce technology into the classrooms at a younger age because it will allow children to use technology at a more advanced level when they enter higher grades. Not only will technology help a child better understand how to use technology in the future, but it will allow a child to engage more in the lesson that is being presented to them. I believe that introducing technology at a younger age is an excellent idea and should be presented to the schoolboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we should not try to teach too much at one time; i think we should take it slow and take on one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete