Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Dirty and Dangerous Side of Technology

Who knew technology was dangerous? I know I certainly didn't. I honestly had no idea about this concern until reading this article. I have never heard of this issue and I know most people have either. Like most other people, technology completely blows my mind to the point where it is like it is made of magic. I would have never believed that technology was composed of arsenic, lead, or mercury. People need to be aware of this issue. Obviously for economic reasons this issue hasn't been brought into the light because people would stop buying technology which is basically a "have to have" now a days. It scares me to even use my cellphone or my laptop (which I am currently using:/). I am worried about what this will do to our future and especially to our environment, which is already at such a delicate state.

1 comment:

  1. I agree the public should be aware of issues like this. I didn't know the proper way to dispose of a cellphone. I put them out with my other trash.

    ReplyDelete